Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter
Here is my first mix in 2019. I did not put anything a long time ago. I went with live sound vibe on this one. This is one of my first mixes with tape simulation on master buss. I also used some stereo chorus on distorted bass track just to give some more movement.

.mp3    bitter v1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

Hey Obelix - nice mix! Overall, I think the balances and sounds work well. I like the delay you put on the vocal. The bass sounds cool too.

For me, something doesn't seem quite right with the overall eq, though. It seems like the highs have been pushed quite a lot in the balance and there is a bit of a "hissy" quality about them. Perhaps it has to do with the tape simulation you mentioned. Maybe try referencing some commercial material to get the balance between the overall highs and the mids working better together for this genre. At present, the overall frequency presentation feels more suited to a dance track with lots of synths and airy sounding vocals, rather than a rock'n'roll song.

Cool to hear your take - thanks for taking the time to mix it.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thx for the response. I think that I do brighter mixes cause I do not hear very well above 12kHz so I boost more treble and air than necesary.
So more mids and less highs. I used stereo chorus on bass to give it vintage feel and some movement. That is why it sounds cool. But lows always stay in center.
I mixed bass on 3 tracks. DI, amp and chorus
Version 2 is there.

.mp3    bmp32.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)