Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter'
Haven't been around for a while, a little rusty, but really enjoyed working on Andrew's Song

Went for a wide, airy, dream rock meets Deep PurpleTongue

Don't know if that makes sense, but was funBig Grin

No Automation yet

Comments Always Welcome!!

VER. 03.Mpg.

Ok, I pulled everything back and remixed, brought the organ down and piano up a hair. Tried to get more control of the elements.

No comments on the first mix . I could use some help.
Thanks
K

.mp3    FytaKite-Bitter01.mp3 --  (Download: 4.17 MB)

.mp3    FryaKite-Bitter-03.mp3 --  (Download: 4.17 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Version 2 is up

Stripped it down and started again.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Kirk its been a while since i did you a review,mix 1 is better imo but i feel that the drums and bass needs more focus?i feel that the response this site has change some what not sure why! maybe new people joining the site? well done anyway.
Reaper user
(04-05-2019, 07:27 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk its been a while since i did you a review,mix 1 is better imo but i feel that the drums and bass needs more focus?i feel that the response this site has change some what not sure why! maybe new people joining the site? well done anyway.

Thanks Cudjoe

Good to hear from you, yeah for me some health issues so I had to lay low for a while, but good to be back. Ill see if I can get the bass and drums more focused.

K
Hey Kirk,

Probably the first mix for me also. It feels a little more lively. I like what you have done with the main guitar part. The tonality of it also gives good space to the vox and other elements around it. Time to automate things and start the fire works. There was barely a track that I didn't have some sort of automation on. This is where you can get creative. Don't forget to use markers for the different stages of the song. This really helps with the whole automation process. Super start Kirk.Big Grin
(05-05-2019, 04:37 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Kirk,

Probably the first mix for me also. It feels a little more lively. I like what you have done with the main guitar part. The tonality of it also gives good space to the vox and other elements around it. Time to automate things and start the fire works. There was barely a track that I didn't have some sort of automation on. This is where you can get creative. Don't forget to use markers for the different stages of the song. This really helps with the whole automation process. Super start Kirk.Big Grin

Hey Dave

Thanks .. Good to hear from you .. Good point using markers. Ive got to get more into taking my time and not let the different parts get away from me .. And create more dynamics.

Cheers
K

Hi Kirk, I don't know how, but I totally missed seeing your mix - apologies... and sorry to hear about your health issues - I hope you are on the mend!

I like the first mix best - it definitely has a more decisive feel about it. I have to agree with Cudjoe though - the drums in particular seem a little lacking in... something - To my ear, they sound a little lo-fi, but that treatment doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the mix. Maybe the rooms are pushed a bit too hard with compression and it tends to make the cymbals sound a little "papery". I think maybe a little more close-mic action might bring the drums more into focus.

The bass sits much better in the first mix than in the second, and there is more cohesiveness to it, but again the distorted portion of the signal seems a little too high in the mix.

The second mix seemed a little "flat" overall - the choruses don't seem to have much impact, and the long-term dynamic contour seems to stay fairly static. I think Dave is spot on when he recommends more comprehensive automation.... yeah, I know it's a pain!

Anyhow... thanks for taking the time to mix the track, and I hope you're feeling a bit better.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(07-05-2019, 12:46 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Kirk, I don't know how, but I totally missed seeing your mix - apologies... and sorry to hear about your health issues - I hope you are on the mend!

I like the first mix best - it definitely has a more decisive feel about it. I have to agree with Cudjoe though - the drums in particular seem a little lacking in... something - To my ear, they sound a little lo-fi, but that treatment doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the mix. Maybe the rooms are pushed a bit too hard with compression and it tends to make the cymbals sound a little "papery". I think maybe a little more close-mic action might bring the drums more into focus.

The bass sits much better in the first mix than in the second, and there is more cohesiveness to it, but again the distorted portion of the signal seems a little too high in the mix.

The second mix seemed a little "flat" overall - the choruses don't seem to have much impact, and the long-term dynamic contour seems to stay fairly static. I think Dave is spot on when he recommends more comprehensive automation.... yeah, I know it's a pain!

Anyhow... thanks for taking the time to mix the track, and I hope you're feeling a bit better.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the review and help, ver1 I did push the room too much and I see what your saying, also I pushed the bass and added a bit too much distortion. Ill take ver1 and work on the points that were made.
Great track btw awesome job!!

Thanks
Kirk