Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Bitter
Updated mix, really enjoy this track

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter v3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Hi TheBouff! Cool sounding mix! It sounds big and powerful, the vocals are nice and up-front, and the choruses hit nicely.

One thing that was a bit distracting during the verse sections was the bass guitar tone. The distortion track is coming through a bit too obviously there for my taste. I think that sound works well in the choruses to give them extra impact, but perhaps dialling it back during the verses might work a little better.

Overall, I like the direction of the mix - nice!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(02-05-2019, 04:01 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi TheBouff! Cool sounding mix! It sounds big and powerful, the vocals are nice and up-front, and the choruses hit nicely.

One thing that was a bit distracting during the verse sections was the bass guitar tone. The distortion track is coming through a bit too obviously there for my taste. I think that sound works well in the choruses to give them extra impact, but perhaps dialling it back during the verses might work a little better.

thanks for the feedback, i will work that into my next set of edits.... really cool track
(02-05-2019, 05:08 PM)TheBouff Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 04:01 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi TheBouff! Cool sounding mix! It sounds big and powerful, the vocals are nice and up-front, and the choruses hit nicely.

thanks for the feedback, i will work that into my next set of edits.... really cool track

v2 mix added

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Yes, the new mix definitely sounds better. Just watch the buildup around the 200-250hz mark - its on the verge of being a bit muddy. Might be coming from a few spots - the bass, the vocals, the drums maybe. Finding a little bit of that stuff in each element and pulling it out just a bit can help with clarity. It's a tricky area, because there is a fine line to walk between "warm" and "sterile".
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(08-05-2019, 08:51 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Yes, the new mix definitely sounds better. Just watch the buildup around the 200-250hz mark - its on the verge of being a bit muddy. Might be coming from a few spots - the bass, the vocals, the drums maybe. Finding a little bit of that stuff in each element and pulling it out just a bit can help with clarity. It's a tricky area, because there is a fine line to walk between "warm" and "sterile".

Thanks again for the great feedback, i have made some tweaks and uploaded v3, hope you like it
Hi TheBouff, another good improvement here. I think this is in a pretty good place now. I had a little play around with the mix eq and I noticed that cutting just a touch around 111 & 219 hz with a fairly narrow q improved clarity a bit.

Nice work!