Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Santa Fe - 1st. Mix "pure" version"
My first attempt mixin a full multitrack song. Since it was a session i didn#t mange to get rid of all the overspeaking, but in the end i thinks thats what makes the tune.

Had a bit difficulty to manage the dynamics without making it to "cold" but i hope it didn't end to bad.

Looking forward to your feedback guys!Big Grin

.mp3    Santa Fe Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

Sounds to me like you are scared of excitement. There is no sting, no attack, no release no excitement. While everything is there it lacks clarity and definition nor any relation to the interplay of the musicians. Listen for that and see if you can express it in your mix of the song. Don't be afraid of transients. Transients are your friend.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the reply, i will will igve the next try more expressin. If you got any tips im glad to learn!
(01-05-2019, 07:04 AM)4LeafClover Wrote: Thanks for the reply, i will will igve the next try more expressin. If you got any tips im glad to learn!

Listen to other mixes here and try to find something you listen to regularly as a reference and then see if you can emulate the character and balance in your mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]