Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKite
Here is one of my first attempts of mixing a rock song recorded with live instruments.

.mp3    FytaKite - Bitter (mix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Pretty good start for a first mix of this type! Instrumentally it works really well. I like the impact the chorus has.

The biggest improvement could be had in the verse vocals - they sound underpowered and are getting major competition from the main riff guitar. Sort out those verse vocals and you'll be in pretty good shape!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(29-04-2019, 01:25 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Pretty good start for a first mix of this type! Instrumentally it works really well. I like the impact the chorus has.

The biggest improvement could be had in the verse vocals - they sound underpowered and are getting major competition from the main riff guitar. Sort out those verse vocals and you'll be in pretty good shape!

Here it is. I enhanced the vocals and also adjusted the phase of the subkick - so now it sounds a little bit punchier.

By the way, you made this song really catchy, arrangement and performing is just perfect! It's stuck in my head now Smile

.mp3    FytaKyte - Bitter (mix2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

(29-04-2019, 06:40 PM)ArieHerz Wrote:
(29-04-2019, 01:25 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Pretty good start for a first mix of this type! Instrumentally it works really well. I like the impact the chorus has.

Here it is. I enhanced the vocals and also adjusted the phase of the subkick - so now it sounds a little bit punchier.

By the way, you made this song really catchy, arrangement and performing is just perfect! It's stuck in my head now Smile

Cool, glad you dug the track. It's sounding better now. Keep working on getting separation and clarity from the individual elements via eq. You're well on your way!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases