Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: Bitter
This was loads of fun to play with and I feel like I learn a little more with every song Smile

Did a first mix which sounded awful in the car so it was back to the drawing board - Thanks, car!

I still struggled with the vocal a little, but on the whole I'm quite happy.

Any criticisms are very gratefully received!

.mp3    bitter 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

There is quite a lot of reverb on the guitars .they could maybe be a little louder or a little drier imho but the vocals in particular (and the mix in general ) sound fantastic-----congrats, and keep it up --oh! and the mixing as well !
(28-04-2019, 05:45 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: There is quite a lot of reverb on the guitars .they could maybe be a little louder or a little drier imho but the vocals in particular (and the mix in general ) sound fantastic-----congrats, and keep it up --oh! and the mixing as well !

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it
Nice! The mix is working well - good balance.

The reverbs are tending to wash out the sounds a little and make them sound a little distant. Try increasing the pre-delay on your reverbs to separate the onset of the reverb from the source sound. That will have the impression of bringing the sources forward, while putting the ambience "behind" the source.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks for the comments, I will definitely have a look at that! Smile