Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright - Mixed by Justice @ anti|HUMAN Designs
I'm Justice LĂ„ngvall, from Sweden. I've been a musician, composer, and audio engineer for over 20 years, working with indie bands doing self-releases and demos, and I have my own recording/mixing studio, called "anti|HUMAN Designs".

So, be hard on me (but fair, obviously) when you tell me what you think!

I did this mix to practice. I spent a few hours on it. Normally, I'd spend more, and I'd go back to it on another day to make sure I still agree with the mix before I call it "finished".

It mixed this in Cockos "Reaper", using mostly "Waves" plugins. My mixing room has reasonably good acoustics, but not yet perfect. I mix on a pair of Genelec 8040, coming out through an Apogee Quartet.
No outboard gear, it's all mixed "in the box".

I'm available for mixing/master/audio work, just contact me.
[email protected]

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (AHD).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Justice,
I wish I had a pair of Genelecs to monitor through! Unfortunately I do not think they helped much with this particular mix. Your mix sounds very incomplete as of yet. Parts are indistinct and balances are not quite there. Vocals are buried as is the lead guitar. Nuance is everything in this song but getting to them takes some real work. Finding the right environment to put this in is important too. I am on my 8th mix in three discreet posts of this song and I'm not sure I've gotten close to the potential of this song yet. And I am not alone. Many mixers have come back to this after their first and second attempts to try and capture the energy and power of this song. What appears at first blush to be simple is anything but.

Good start. Keep at it. Dig deep.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]