Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKite Mix
Hey guys! I had a lot of fun mixing this one. I'm sure it could be better and any criticism is greatly appreciated!

.mp3    FytaKite_Bitter_Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Maybe a touch heavy with the drum reverb IMHO but a really nice mix, the vocals in particular have come out really well.
Best Wishes
Mark
(26-04-2019, 01:55 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: Maybe a touch heavy with the drum reverb IMHO but a really nice mix, the vocals in particular have come out really well.
Best Wishes
Mark

Thanks for the feedback! I have made some drastic changes for the better in my new mix
After listening to the the band's version of the song on their website, I noticed that my first mix is sort of dull and lifeless. And as suggested, a tad bit too much reverb.

I used the band's version as a reference and got much better results. I hope it's ok!

.mp3    FytaKite_Bitter_Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Hey Andy, listening to the second mix... That's a very cool, saturated vocal tone you got - me likey!

The mix sounds excellent - lovely spread across the frequency range. Tight full low end. Wide and glossy high end. Nice.

The only thing that stands out to me is that the snare transients are probably hitting a bit too hard, and the snare is tending to dominate the mix overall. The toms are also very "spiky"-sounding and tend to unduly draw attention to themselves. Taming those would help the mix be more cohesive.

Good stuff!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Sounds great.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(30-04-2019, 02:17 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Andy, listening to the second mix... That's a very cool, saturated vocal tone you got - me likey!

The mix sounds excellent - lovely spread across the frequency range. Tight full low end. Wide and glossy high end. Nice.

The only thing that stands out to me is that the snare transients are probably hitting a bit too hard, and the snare is tending to dominate the mix overall. The toms are also very "spiky"-sounding and tend to unduly draw attention to themselves. Taming those would help the mix be more cohesive.

Good stuff!

Thank you for the great tips! I will keep them in consideration in future mixes.
(30-04-2019, 11:48 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Sounds great.

Thank you for listening!
This is great, the music sounds really tight and impactful and I love the vocal sound, although the vocal does seem a little loud to me.
(01-05-2019, 03:20 PM)nickfrom Wrote: This is great, the music sounds really tight and impactful and I love the vocal sound, although the vocal does seem a little loud to me.

Thanks, now that you mention it, it does seem a little loud, thank you for pointing that out!