Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Cole - Dead Roses by Rudi
Hallo,

First i want to give a great thank you for this Forum.

I´ve tried the first time ever to make a mix of this kind of music and i am not a professional...
It was realized at Cubase 6.5 Artist at a homestudio. The work was only done with headphone and reheared by non linear, but well sounding, Revox setup.
I´ve listen to some other mixes from you, after i´ve finished, so i can say - this mix gives you my opinion of this song...

Please give me your sentence to this - Thank you

best regards
Rudi

.mp3    Andrew Cole - Dead Roses.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

(06-10-2013, 03:25 PM)Rudi Wrote: Hallo,

First i want to give a great thank you for this Forum.

I´ve tried the first time ever to make a mix of this kind of music and i am not a professional...
It was realized at Cubase 6.5 Artist at a homestudio. The work was only done with headphone and reheared by non linear, but well sounding, Revox setup.
I´ve listen to some other mixes from you, after i´ve finished, so i can say - this mix gives you my opinion of this song...

Please give me your sentence to this - Thank you

best regards
Rudi

Hi Rudi

A few things I picked up was:
1. Female vocals are too low (especially in the solo section) and had much more reverb than the male voacals, it makes it sound too far back in the mix.
2. Piano is muddy/dull. Try cutting the lower frequencies and boosting the higher ones (round 3500Hz upwards)

Overall I think your mix is pretty good.
A very good job. Keep it up.
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Thank you Gerrit,

about the female vocals - it´s exeactly the effect i want to transmit... but you´re right, there is a little too much reverb...
I tried to embed the male voice with the female voice...

You´re also right with the piano... i must say, that i´ve thinked about the piano a time...
In my opinion, it´s too much for this pretty clear song... there´s nothing to miss without it... but it´s naturally only my mind Wink

I have the effect, if i push the piano, so that it sounds clear and bright, it steals details from the acoustic guitar so i want to push up the volume of the acoustic guitar, but it feels uncomfortable to me...

thank you for tell me your impression, it´s very helpful