Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter'-Zloyer MIX
Great recording. Pleasure to work with. I would appreciate an indication of the mistakes I have made.

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter_Zloyer_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

No mistakes. Only happy accidents?
The one thing which stands out is the bass is taking up a lot of real estate and could use some filtering. I like the drum environment which is a great starting point for the tenor of the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(21-04-2019, 07:08 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: No mistakes. Only happy accidents?
The one thing which stands out is the bass is taking up a lot of real estate and could use some filtering. I like the drum environment which is a great starting point for the tenor of the song.

Thanks Mixinthecloud. I have little mixing experience. I work with old headphones that have different frequencies in each ear. However, we can assume that this is a happy accident. I hope that in future works these accidents will be repeated and become regularities.Rolleyes
(22-04-2019, 04:09 AM)Zloyer Wrote:
(21-04-2019, 07:08 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: No mistakes. Only happy accidents?

Thanks Mixinthecloud. I have little mixing experience. I work with old headphones that have different frequencies in each ear. However, we can assume that this is a happy accident. I hope that in future works these accidents will be repeated and become regularities.Rolleyes

There is no way to mix effectively with broken speakers or headphones. Hopefully you can acquire some that work and turn your mistakes into perspective.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey Zloyer - I really like the space you put around the drums. Instrumentally, this mix is pretty cool.

The vocals are where most of the work is needed: More "polishing" - At present the vocals sound a bit buried and dull; a little "lo-fi". Particularly in the verses, the lead vocal is a bit unstable in level, so more stages of compression may be needed, and/or automation to really even things out and make every syllable audible. Try cleaning the vocals up with eq and brightening them a little. The vocals are also lisping, I'm guessing due to over-de-essing, so you should definitely look at that too.

Nice start!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases