Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter Mixing Session
Howdy, I hope you enjoy my crack at this mix. Feedback of any kind is appreciated. Smile

.mp3    Bitter Mixing Session.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

I probably over-compressed the drums.
Really good mix ,massive sound ,nicely done.Sorry I couldn't come up with anything more helpful to add/say.
All The Best
Mark
(21-04-2019, 09:43 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: Really good mix ,massive sound ,nicely done.Sorry I couldn't come up with anything more helpful to add/say.
All The Best
Mark

Thanks so much, I appreciate it! The bass really was the star of the show for me. It has so much energy!
Here is my crack at this mix. Really tried to get the chorus to pop and find space for all the other instruments.

.mp3    Bitter_PSS.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

(22-04-2019, 12:12 AM)perfectsnd Wrote: Here is my crack at this mix. Really tried to get the chorus to pop and find space for all the other instruments.

Everything is so clear and defined! The vocal mix in the chorus is great. It felt like the instruments were really supporting the vocal and I think you did a great job of getting the chorus to pop. Great job! Smile
Hey Barry, really nice mix! I like the gnarly bass tone and how you featured it nicely without it getting in the way of anything else. The drums sound super-solid and I particularly like the kick/bass interaction. The choruses hit with good impact, and I like the way you featured some of the "excitement" guitar parts a little more - they work well.

A couple of small things I noticed (& these are probably just personal preference things, mainly).
- The lead vocal seems to sit a little "behind" the main guitar in the soundstage, due to the fairly prominent early reflections/"room"-style ambience on it. My preference would be to put a little more pre-delay on it and bring that vocal forward in the soundstage.
- The toms sound a little boxy at times, and I wish they had some more sustain to them.

Top job!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases