Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter' kapu mix
nice vocals. ^_^

.mp3    FytaKyte_ \'Bitter\' kapu mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Impressive focused mix. Probably something that band was after.

Drums and bass just perfect. Vox very nice. And other instruments doesn’t matter at all…

Space is probably a bit chaotic (maybe caused by bg vocals), but it suits fine this song.
(18-04-2019, 09:00 PM)Olli H Wrote: Impressive [...]

thanks for listening. the space is indeed somewhat messy. ^_^
Hey Kapu - very nice sounding mix!

Some points that I noticed that may improve things slightly:
- The main jangly electric guitar riff sounds quite dark and boxy to my ears - probably a 400/500hz dip would help there
- The space around the drums is quite bright sounding, which creates a slight sensation of cognitive dissonance in the way that it contrasts to the other elements in the mix.
- The vocal sound is excellent, but for some reason it doesn't seem to "nest" into the mix as well as it could. There are occasions where it feels like feels "too big" for the rest of the mix. I'm not sure if that is a compression, eq, or automation thing, or perhaps even a combination of all three, but I think it could be improved with a better sense of "proportion" between the music and the vocals.

Overall though, very good stuff!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(19-04-2019, 05:05 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Kapu - very nice sounding mix!

thanks for listening!

Quote:Some points that I noticed that may improve things slightly:
- The main jangly electric guitar riff sounds quite dark and boxy to my ears - probably a 400/500hz dip would help there

i kinda deliberately tweaked that boxy sound for the guitar to make some contrast or something. maybe went too far

Quote:- The space around the drums is quite bright sounding, which creates a slight sensation of cognitive dissonance in the way that it contrasts to the other elements in the mix.

listening now i think it's the highs from acoustic guitar and overheads which are messing with things. should fix those.

Quote:- The vocal sound is excellent, but for some reason it doesn't seem to "nest" into the mix as well as it could. There are occasions where it feels like feels "too big" for the rest of the mix. I'm not sure if that is a compression, eq, or automation thing, or perhaps even a combination of all three, but I think it could be improved with a better sense of "proportion" between the music and the vocals.

well, my approach was kind of 'vocals and then the rest of stuff', so ended up layering the vocals on top. ^_^
added updated version.
(22-04-2019, 07:11 PM)kapu Wrote: added updated version.

Nice! I like the new version - good stuff!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(23-04-2019, 09:19 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Nice! I like the new version - good stuff!

thanks for listening! hope it turned out better. ^_^
second mix is the bomb
(26-04-2019, 02:04 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: second mix is the bomb

thanks! ^_^