Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
FytaKyte - Bitter Poppy Mix
Hi fellow mixing friends,

As a young starting mixer I'm really curious on what you guys think of the mix I've made so far.

I haven't used the drum samples and am working on the vocal/backing vocal reverb at the moment so yeah you'll probably miss them Big Grin

Shoutout to the recording engineer for providing such great recordings, as well as the band members for this awesome performace and great song!!!

EDIT: Added reverbs and fixed some minor issues, curious what you guys have to say about it Smile

.mp3    Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

.mp3    Bitter V2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

Very good start. Good use of the keyboards. Guitars are also well stated. Vocals are distinct and nicely unique while still fitting into your mix style. Nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I like it! I like the way you have taken a different approach to the chorus than most - it has a little more of a "gang vocal" feel to it. This should sound excellent once you get a bit of ambience happening to glue it together a bit more.

One thing to watch is sometimes I hear the guitars encroaching on the lead vocal, frequency-wise. A good reality check in this regard is listening on a lo-fi mono speaker, like a phone or tablet.

Good stuff!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(20-04-2019, 05:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very good start. Good use of the keyboards. Guitars are also well stated. Vocals are distinct and nicely unique while still fitting into your mix style. Nicely done.

Thank you very much for listening! Me as a keyboard player really likes to hear them and I really wanted to make more use of them than others did Smile
(20-04-2019, 11:47 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: I like it! I like the way you have taken a different approach to the chorus than most - it has a little more of a "gang vocal" feel to it. This should sound excellent once you get a bit of ambience happening to glue it together a bit more.

One thing to watch is sometimes I hear the guitars encroaching on the lead vocal, frequency-wise. A good reality check in this regard is listening on a lo-fi mono speaker, like a phone or tablet.

Good stuff!

Thank you very much! I'm posting my finished version in a few days, thanks for your tip on the vocal. It was something I was already struggeling with so I'll try to fix that too!