Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
FytaKyte 'Bitter' by music_nino
Hi everyone,

Here is my mix of 'Bitter'. There are still some automations to make, but the fundamental approach is there. Hope you like it, tell me what you think about it! Smile

Best,
music_nino

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

I think it’s good mix. Sound is balanced, and nice variations.
Hey Nino - some cool sounds you have going here!... I particularly like the vocal sound.

I like the tones overall, but there is room for improvement in some areas.
- In some places, the guitars overpower the vocals (for eg: at 42 secs and 53 secs)
- The drums sound a little over compressed & "mid-scooped" to my ear. They have quite a bit of top end, so the transients are in evidence, but the compression tends to make them sound "closed down" and "compacted" to me... a little "small". Maybe experiment with your amount of compression and the attack and release times. The kick drum already has a tonne of top end in the inside kick mic, so that could definitely dialled back for a more natural sound. Maybe try narrower eq cuts on the drums, and leave some more of the midrange "guts" in them.
- Maybe watch the de-essing on the lead vocal. At times the de-essing is a little too much and the "s" sounds are coming out lispy.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Not a bad start. The bass is troubling for me as it starts out dominating and gets squashed in compression at others.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]