Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bolz & Knecht: Brahms's 'Hungarian Dance No. 5' - Learning to mix
Hi everyone,
My name is Nicolás.
I'm starting to learn about mixing.
I don´t know if what I did it's ok or not. I'm eager to every advice you could give me in order to improve.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nico

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_HungarianDanceNo5_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

Hah! So you have the instruments circling round us! Certainly nothing I've ever heard on a CD ;-)

In this mix, I hear the twang from the direct input more than I would like. It's likely a useless track in this mix. The mix is probably too dry as well (more reverberation, please).

On the other hand, mixing jazz and classical music is an exercise in restraint, which you have respected (minus the whole swirling down a toilet bowl :-D ). Great start!
(17-04-2019, 01:55 PM)lmat Wrote: Hah! So you have the instruments circling round us! Certainly nothing I've ever heard on a CD ;-)

In this mix, I hear the twang from the direct input more than I would like. It's likely a useless track in this mix. The mix is probably too dry as well (more reverberation, please).

On the other hand, mixing jazz and classical music is an exercise in restraint, which you have respected (minus the whole swirling down a toilet bowl :-D ). Great start!

Hello Imat,
Thanks for your time and response. I will take the advice of use more reverberation. With direct input you mean the original tracks or the one that have the two instruments togheter?
"minus the whole swirling down a toilet bowl" hahaha, perhaps I overdid it. Tongue

Again, thanks for the response.