Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im Alright- Mix 1
Hey guys, This is my take on this song. It is a really well recorded track..!
Do let me know what you guys think. There is no master on the track.. Just the mix.

Thank You,
Cheers!

.mp3    Im alright_R1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

Hi Johnston,

It really is a well recorded song.

Overall, your balance seems to be in the zone. Biggest issues for me is your snare. There is something off with the compression. It disappears in the mix. The percussion is "up" but that could be your choice. It doesn't sound bad but is rather "big" for the mix/song style. It might serve the song better if it is less in your face and more of a vibe rather than a main element. I like the stereo effect that you have on the main acoustic guitar. The level riding on the acoustic fills are well present and move the song along (I can take a queue from that).

Are you using drum bus compression? If not, some parallel compression might help you get the poke of the snare attack you're after and still retain the body or sustain of the kit (cause the kit sounds great, I think).

Good work!

CJC
Thanks for the feedback... I have done a couple of changes.. changed my approach to the snare and dialed back the perc's...

Cheers!

.mp3    Im Alright_R2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

Still love the acoustic guitar sounds. Snare sounds small but it is less squashed. The ghost notes are easy to hear and really add to the movement of the track. Percussion is better (to my ears). I can really hear the distance on the BG vox - what reverb is that?

Cool!
Pretty cool approach. I like the space you placed this in. And the treatment of the first acoustic is pretty cool too. Not everything is there yet though, I feel. The vocal seems a bit distant and for me is the real driver of this song with all parts in support of it. The lead guitar also seems too timid and needs a more prominent place. The lead figure comes in only three times and each one is a vital emotional and energy driving part. Over all, good work and a fun listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]