Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Butterfly Effect - An Ultra Violet Apology [Album Quality]
Omg! This mix took me through something today, man!!! From protecting the dynamics of the song and making sure the vocals are felt throughout the mix, to balancing all of the moving parts out and leveling the mix; I'll be a man and admit it: this was one of my most challenging mixes to date!

Once this mix came together, it really started to shine. I like the different percussive instruments used in this song. Very nice blend, you know? Also, the guitars were somewhat magical. I like how the one guitar plays along to the vocals at times, too.

It was very difficult to keep the vocals from getting drowned out, especially when the song transitioned into it's powerful side. See, you want your songs to be memorable by it's lyrics, the beat/instrumental, and it's emotion all-in-one. Mixing a song is not about just balancing the stereo field, EQ'ing, compressing, volume leveling, etc. Your mix needs focus, passion, the ability to hold the listener(s) attention, and most importantly, REPLAYABILITY. You don't want a one and done, you know, one listen and done. You want it played over and over and over because the listener can't help themselves. Lol!

All in all, this mix required more attention and work than usual, but once it came together, it made for some good vibes and feels.

Enjoy!

.mp3    The Butterfly Effect - An Ultraviolet Apology .mp3 --  (Download: 12.83 MB)