Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter'
Hi its my MIXRolleyes

.mp3    FytaKyte_Full_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.48 MB)

Hi! I liked the sound of the instruments, clean and rich. my comments (I'm not a pro, but please pay attention)
1. The drums are quieter on the balance, I hear the drum-bus behind all the instruments. lost groove vibes
2. Bass too high, low end lost
3. hear a lot of middle in vocal reverb, can choose "pure" Plate reverb
My comments are not critical, the mix is lively, beautiful and clean for me, very good work!
Have a nice day!
Wow, really nice mix JSU! Everything is clear, punchy and full. Vocals are nice and up-front and sound really good. Guitars and keys are very much on point to my ears...

The bass is quite high in the mix, but I quite like it - you could experiment with dropping it a dB or so, as I think it is obscuring the low end of the kick a bit. Alternatively, or even as well, you might try side-chain compressing the low end of the bass to be ducked by the kick. That would allow the kick's low end to come through better.

You might try automating the drum kit as a whole to perhaps subtly increase the volume during choruses and during drum fills. Generally speaking though, I like the level it is sitting at.

Very nice mix - well done!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases