Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cotton Drifting "Rainy Day II"
Sorry to be absent the last few months, my canine companion of 10 years needed constant care and passed last Saturday. This tune has the dark edge that fits my overall mood. Comments and opinions welcome.

.mp3    CottonDrifting_RainyDayII_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.67 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Hey, you have my sympathy about your dog friend, I know that's not always easy. I also know I'm quite late here so my apologies for that!

I like your mix though. It's left mostly in it's natural state and that's my personal preference when it comes to music. Crazy delay and reverb effects can be cool but only in the appropriate space and my intent worth this song was to provide a rather bleak, rainy atmosphere. I think you nailed it, though I think that could be because our mixes share many similarities ha! My only criticism would be that the backing vocals are too loud to me in the end section. Also, check the snare phase with the overheads. Unless it was your intent, it sounds like it's missing a little "oomph".
Thank for everything, GinghamJones.

The main snare wasn’t the phase issue, it was one of the overdrive snare tracks was way off, like 16 ticks! Its been corrected, but I’m at work tonight. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday I can get it posted.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.