Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
FytaKyte Bitter - vbif mixmas
Hello!
I liked this job, I hear it is not as clean as the others, but it seemed to me to leave this rock, sterility is not needed here. vocals can be made in the face and higher in balance, but he dances so well with guitars.
I am new and ask for recommendations, thank you. with love "vbif"

.mp3    Bitter_M1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

Listening on my phone. Bass is flat. Kick is kinda clicky. Hammond is there. Rhodes not so much. Also the bg guitar could be up {there are like 8 guitars but the one I'm talking about is the apregio.} nice vocals. Very Listenable mix
(13-04-2019, 05:51 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: Listening on my phone. Bass is flat. Kick is kinda clicky. Hammond is there. Rhodes not so much. Also the bg guitar could be up {there are like 8 guitars but the one I'm talking about is the apregio.} nice vocals. Very Listenable mix

Thanks for the answer, I agree, kick gives dirt. A day later, I understand that guitars should be made quieter and the bass cut at the HI. maybe still sticking sub and high from the drums. I will try to take this in other mixes.Blush
Hi vbif - I like your version of the mix. It has a gritty, powerful feel about it. I especially like the way the kick and bass work together. There is a real tautness and tightness in the low end that appeals to me - it feels very controlled, but it doesn't sacrifice punch and weight.

The balances in the mix are really well done too. Everything has its place and is audible, and the vocal and harmony level choices really compliment the song.

A few things I noticed that may be perhaps improved:
- The mix overall feels a bit too "buttoned down" all the way through, like you could perhaps ease up on the mixbus compression and limiting to emphasise the contrasts between the verses and choruses even more.
- There is some abrasiveness in the top end of the mix that just sounds like things have been pushed a bit too hard into saturation. Sometimes low passing the very high end (eg @ 20k) of elements that have saturation on them can improve this.
- The toms sound rather strange. They sound like they are all transient and no sustain. Not sure what is happening there, but you may want to look speeding up the attack and release settings on your tom compression to clamp down more on the transient and bring up more of the sustain.

Cool mix!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(14-04-2019, 12:42 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi vbif - I like your version of the mix. It has a gritty, powerful feel about it. I especially like the way the kick and bass work together. There is a real tautness and tightness in the low end that appeals to me - it feels very controlled, but it doesn't sacrifice punch and weight.

The balances in the mix are really well done too. Everything has its place and is audible, and the vocal and harmony level choices really compliment the song.

A few things I noticed that may be perhaps improved:
- The mix overall feels a bit too "buttoned down" all the way through, like you could perhaps ease up on the mixbus compression and limiting to emphasise the contrasts between the verses and choruses even more.
- There is some abrasiveness in the top end of the mix that just sounds like things have been pushed a bit too hard into saturation. Sometimes low passing the very high end (eg @ 20k) of elements that have saturation on them can improve this.
- The toms sound rather strange. They sound like they are all transient and no sustain. Not sure what is happening there, but you may want to look speeding up the attack and release settings on your tom compression to clamp down more on the transient and bring up more of the sustain.

Cool mix!

Hello! Thanks for the answer!
Detailed response!
I'm sure I lost control of the drum room when I used to mix the bass and all the drums through neve 33609. It was also rash to use "spl iron" for the room.
The sound of toms is really strange, I will try to pay attention to this in the following mixes.
And finally in the master chain I made the mistake of choosing the compressor shadow hills , it was necessary to take SSL Glue with 80% dry/wet... but i love this in face shadow hills... sorry for my English, have a nice day! Blush