Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oldie but Goodie - Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up
This song originally posted quite some time ago. So long ago if fact, the artist had a My Space page! They still do!

I have listened to a lot of the mixes of this through time and there are some very inventive and excellent approaches. Kudos to the talented mixers here.

This mix is pretty rudimentary and as of yet lacks some nuance in dynamics which have been stated very well in many other mixes. I wanted to get a first draft up for comparison to upcoming mixes I may post on this.

I do like the environment I created and the tonal content of the instrument across the board.

Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up - Mix 2

As I stated with the original post it was a rudimentary mix. so with some prodding from Lukas, I offer up a more polished mix. Still probably not the final version but a little more polish on the apple. I hope you find it worthy of comment.

Please have a listen and let me know what you think of the effort so far.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up - Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.19 MB)

.mp3    Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.19 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey there,

I really enjoy the way you mixed the instrumental parts. The tone and dynamics work really well. Although a bit more "openess", could be nice. (just nitpicking)

The way you treated the vocal/group vocal relationship does not really work for me. The lead vocal sounds insignificant in comparison to the background vocals, which take a lot of space in your mix and have a very prominent reverby quality that I am not sure about. The vocal "riffs/fx" thrown in by the singer are mixed too loud for me.

The vocal tones and dynamics are all good individually.

Except from the bridge part "now or never" which is in a really wierd place for me. It sounds to me like it was supposed to sit quite far back in the arrangment then where you put it.

Sorry, for all the negativity, but I just think that the vocal enviroment can be improved. I want to repeat that I think you nailed the instruments in tone, dynamics and placement (like you usually do)

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(27-04-2019, 10:11 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey there,

I really enjoy the way you mixed the instrumental parts. The tone and dynamics work really well. Although a bit more "openess", could be nice. (just nitpicking)

The way you treated the vocal/group vocal relationship does not really work for me. The lead vocal sounds insignificant in comparison to the background vocals, which take a lot of space in your mix and have a very prominent reverby quality that I am not sure about. The vocal "riffs/fx" thrown in by the singer are mixed too loud for me.

The vocal tones and dynamics are all good individually.

Except from the bridge part "now or never" which is in a really wierd place for me. It sounds to me like it was supposed to sit quite far back in the arrangment then where you put it.

Sorry, for all the negativity, but I just think that the vocal enviroment can be improved. I want to repeat that I think you nailed the instruments in tone, dynamics and placement (like you usually do)

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Lukas,

Thanks for the listen and the encouraging words. Somethngs I definitely do better than others! This song presents almost as a novelty considering the unique vocals and I don't think I have come to terms with them nor wrapped my head around them completely. Besides, there's some many of the freaking things! Half the time I'm not sure where the vocals are coming from. Eventually I imagine I will get a grasp of them. I've posted something new with some of the objections you raised addressed. Please have a listen. Thanks again.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]