Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter (Wal Mix)
My attempt at mixing Bitter. Great song, and very polished band.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Cheers

Wal

& take 2 with lead vocal remixed.

.mp3    Bitter Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

.mp3    Bitter Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.71 MB)

Hey Wal, really enjoyable mix, ive lost the keys a bit, bvs sound great and whatever you did with the shakers really added space, toms also poke out a bit much to me. all in all good job

Cheers
Hi Wal - I'm really enjoying the instrumental balance and the tones in general you have here - it's clean, clear and punchy. The background vocals are nicely placed too, and I like the way the chorus hits.

The "red-haired step-child" in this mix is the lead vocal. It just sounds a little dull and boxy in comparison to the rather hi-fi sounding backing. I'd suggest trying some reductive eq to maybe high pass a little more aggressively, and definitely "sweep and destroy" to find those muddy/boxy frequencies that are robbing the vocal of clarity in the mix. A little bit of high end boost on the vocal might help too.

Thanks for posting - nice work!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks for the feedback Spandexcore and FytaKyte, much appreciated.
The red haired step child comment made me laugh. You are spot on though FytaKyte need to put a little more time into the lead vocal. One of the things I liked from the Spandexcore mix was the lead vocal because It was so clear and energetic. I’ll work on it and post a remix.Thanks again and cheers.
(14-04-2019, 12:59 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Wal - I'm really enjoying the instrumental balance and the tones in general you have here - it's clean, clear and punchy. The background vocals are nicely placed too, and I like the way the chorus hits.

The "red-haired step-child" in this mix is the lead vocal. It just sounds a little dull and boxy in comparison to the rather hi-fi sounding backing. I'd suggest trying some reductive eq to maybe high pass a little more aggressively, and definitely "sweep and destroy" to find those muddy/boxy frequencies that are robbing the vocal of clarity in the mix. A little bit of high end boost on the vocal might help too.

Thanks for posting - nice work!

vocal remix attached. Thanks again for the commentary.
(12-04-2019, 11:21 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: Hey Wal, really enjoyable mix, ive lost the keys a bit, bvs sound great and whatever you did with the shakers really added space, toms also poke out a bit much to me. all in all good job

Cheers

Pushed the keys up in latest remix. You were spot on.