Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte-Bitter (Spandex mix)
So this is definitely one of those songs that get stuck in your head.

i had fun mixing this one, as always let me know the good the bad and the ugly.

Cheers

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

so the 2nd mix is up (001). i enjoyed the verb on the snare but ive tamed it down, but not apposed to changing it if you guys think its needed

as always critique is welcome

after some comments from Fytakyte ive had another mix of this (003)

thanks again

.mp3    fyta kite bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

.mp3    fyta kite bitter-001.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

.mp3    fyta kite bitter-003.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

I thought there are some great things about this mix. I really like how clear & solid the lead vocal is, (envious actually how you did this). The same should be said for the guitars which are clear and well balanced in my opinion. On the flip side I thought the snare was a little lost in the mix. Maybe a touch too much reverb on snare. As a rule of thumb you want the reverb tail to have clearly finished before the next snare hit. Otherwise I thought it was a an enjoyable listen. Cheers.
(12-04-2019, 02:59 AM)Wal Wrote: I thought there are some great things about this mix. I really like how clear & solid the lead vocal is, (envious actually how you did this). The same should be said for the guitars which are clear and well balanced in my opinion. On the flip side I thought the snare was a little lost in the mix. Maybe a touch too much reverb on snare. As a rule of thumb you want the reverb tail to have clearly finished before the next snare hit. Otherwise I thought it was a an enjoyable listen. Cheers.

Thanks alot... ive kept the same snare verb ive just changed the gate to kill it off quicker, i dont mind changing it out if thats what you think will serve the song better.

Hey Spandexcore - good stuff!

I'm listening to the second mix. I like the way everything sits in your mix - the sounds are really full and punchy. You've brought out a little more keys than many of the mixes, but that works fine to my ear.

My only comments would be on the drums and vocals - fairly minor things. The top end of the kick is very "ticky" sounding - kind of a little out of place in this genre. In the multi-track, the inside kick mic has a LOT of that in it, so you may want to tame that. Sometimes the sustain of the drums are a little lost in the density of the choruses, due to how transient-rich they are. The vocals sound a little on the muddy side to my ear - I'm thinking somewhere around 200-250 could use a little reduction.

Thanks for posting - nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(14-04-2019, 01:09 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Spandexcore - good stuff!

I'm listening to the second mix. I like the way everything sits in your mix - the sounds are really full and punchy. You've brought out a little more keys than many of the mixes, but that works fine to my ear.

My only comments would be on the drums and vocals - fairly minor things. The top end of the kick is very "ticky" sounding - kind of a little out of place in this genre. In the multi-track, the inside kick mic has a LOT of that in it, so you may want to tame that. Sometimes the sustain of the drums are a little lost in the density of the choruses, due to how transient-rich they are. The vocals sound a little on the muddy side to my ear - I'm thinking somewhere around 200-250 could use a little reduction.

Thanks for posting - nice work!

Thanks for the critique, ive had a look into and hopefully have resolved the issues you were talking about.

.mp3    fyta kite bitter-003.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

Yes, new mix is better
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases