Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went for vibe :) - Prodigal son
It's very lightly mastered. Enjoy and thank you for any feedback Smile

.mp3    Prodigal-master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

I like the bass effect though the bass might be too loud. It feels loud on earbuds so I can only imagine how it might feel on speakers or Beats headphones. Aside from that the mix works.
Thank you for your feedback roy.
I think you probably right... I enjoyed that bass a little too much
Yep, bass is loud and... is it moving over the stereo? That's a very 1964 John Lennon thing. It's not distracting ALL the time and it has a soothing wavey quality, but in the end it's kinda a show off, I'm afraid. Perhaps you could replicate that movement over some reverb or delay for the vocals, or the guitar?

I like the reverb in the intro, wondering what would it be like if you added some bars of reverb only (with a fade in) and then the drums come in.
Guitar is fighting the vocal, methinks. With the reverb hitting more on the right side of the mix, I think it'de be a clearer and sweeter mix with guitar panned left. As you can see, I cannot be much of a help for technical stuff...

BGV's could step up, it's not like they're hurting the mix as it is, but they could lift it up with some more care. LV is pretty good.
thank you deliza for your detailed and super helpful feedback.
I liked everything you suggested Smile I think I got a little bass-hypnosis while mixing it, probably because of that bass chorus effect Smile
It was pretty hypnotic, indeed. I thought it was automated, especially around the ending, where it seems as if going from C to R and C, but not staying out of the left side.