Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
Fytakyte - Bitter - Updated Mix3a
I still say I hear some "Cars", at least in the chorus.

It sounds good to me. I think this mix might be closest to what the band envisioned. You really brought out the acoustics which I think was an aspect that the artist wanted to be more out front. It certainly has that jangle they were looking for.

If I had any critiques is that it might feel a little busy or crowded. It's something that jumped out at me in the first verse. I found it difficult to focus on the vocal. It's partly the mix and partly the arrangement (and maybe overanalyzing). There's just a lot going on which is fine but makes it challenging to get everything to fit and heard. I think especially in the verse guitar 1 could come down and make room for the vocal. It's tonally complex and the melody has already been well established it could step back more.

I'm personally, not a fan of the kick drum sound but I can't say there's anything wrong with it. Maybe the beater tone brings it up in the mix and into the neighborhood of the other midrange instruments. Though it does tie it to the snare. Also, I'd have liked to hear more of the BGVs. I think they add a lot of interesting harmonic excitement to the chorus. The lead vocal has a nice tone and I like the amount of compression on it. It's a little sibilant for my taste but I like the attack it has.

I like the overall tone of the mix. That said it feels bright enough without going overboard. Oh, and I like how the "knocking" in the 2nd verse stands out without overdoing it. The snare tone just fits.

Sorry to ramble. I'll go get some coffee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Roy - 10-04-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Mixinthecloud - 10-04-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Roy - 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Mixinthecloud - 10-04-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Roy - 10-04-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Mixinthecloud - 10-04-2019, 07:58 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Cudjoe - 10-04-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by Mixinthecloud - 10-04-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by tgraph - 11-04-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: Fytakyte - Bitter - by FytaKyte - 11-04-2019, 01:37 PM