Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright [Mixed & Mastered by Don Prada]
This song was a ton of fun to work on! This should have been an absolute HIT!

Once I balanced everything and got it to sit where I wanted it to sit within the stereo field, the volume balancing was just a BREEZE. This song sounds amazing.

If anybody needs any tips or advice on mixing/mastering, shoot me a message!

Also, if anyone needs songs professionally mixed and/or mastered, and you want that one and only "Don Prada" sound, contact me @ [email protected]

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (That Don Prada Sound).mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

This is a solid, punchy mix. Great to listen to and a good reference. The drums especially are excellent.

I’m also grateful for Don’s critique of my first mix of this track too. It really helped me a lot. I feel my revised mix of this track (and also my mixing in general) is much improved thanks to his advice.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
It's good, though the vocals need a deesser, and you're sort of hidden the acoustic guitar behind the electric guitar. Also, the stereo image is very narrow. I would also say that the vocals are too loud, at least in some parts.