Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Bitter - gloukin mix
Nice song, enjoyed working on it. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

.mp3    Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Nice. Excellent BGVs. Good automation. Considering how nicely this was mixed, the sloppiness at the end is unexpected.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(09-04-2019, 08:07 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nice. Excellent BGVs. Good automation. Considering how nicely this was mixed, the sloppiness at the end is unexpected.

What do you mean?
(09-04-2019, 10:25 PM)glukin Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 08:07 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nice. Excellent BGVs. Good automation. Considering how nicely this was mixed, the sloppiness at the end is unexpected.

What do you mean?

The noise of the bass guitar at the very end of the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I can't hear it... If you mean the fret noise in the very end, i don't think there is anything wrong with it, just part of the performance.
(10-04-2019, 08:33 AM)glukin Wrote: I can't hear it... If you mean the fret noise in the very end, i don't think there is anything wrong with it, just part of the performance.

Yup. That's what I mean. So you are saying the fret noise is part of the song? Which part is that? Kind of like a count-off at the start of a song or a fade at the end? Or it could be bad habits on the part of the player. You really feel there is some musicality to this noise?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(10-04-2019, 02:44 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 08:33 AM)glukin Wrote: I can't hear it... If you mean the fret noise in the very end, i don't think there is anything wrong with it, just part of the performance.

Yup. That's what I mean. So you are saying the fret noise is part of the song? Which part is that? Kind of like a count-off at the start of a song or a fade at the end? Or it could be bad habits on the part of the player. You really feel there is some musicality to this noise?

There are countless hit records where stuff like that is preserved. I just think it adds to the vibe of a performance, shows that real people are playing. You seem to be passionate about it for some reason but I think it deserves its place there.
Impartially speaking, I think you're both right. Noises like the string slide at the end can add a human element to a song. It doesn't strike me as a bad habit for the player, the song is over and he doesn't have to be that 'clean' at that point. In a rock song like this I can see it working but it can feel incongruous on a "produced" mix like this especially at the end of the song where a cleaner tone has been established. That said it is at the end of the song so it doesn't strike me as that big of a deal but it does overly extend the song by a few needless seconds with no real pay off.
Mmmm... me likey! Nice space around the vocals, lovely vocal sound, punchy drums, warm and full bass sound, hard-hitting, expansive choruses with big harmonies and big guitars - everything I like!

A couple of very tiny, picky things: The sibilant response is just slightly uneven - a few s sounds at the beginning of the song a verging on lisping, but most sound pretty spot-on to me. The kick "tick" is just a bit too loud for this genre - maybe turn down that inside kick mic just a tad.

This mix is really nicely done with a lot of sympathy for the production, the arrangement, and how each of the different elements is designed to contribute to the song - I thoroughly enjoyed it - top job!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks man, glad you liked it. It’s a great song, well performed and recorded. Pleasure to work with.