Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Bitter
Hi All! I mixed and mastered this song. I would be grateful if you point out my mistakes. Any feedback is welcome.

.mp3    FytaKyte - Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

Wow - pretty aggressive snare sound you have there - I wasn't quite prepared for that!

Overall, your balances and sounds are very good, although I'm finding the mix overall to be a bit too "crispy" and hyped in the high end. It gets a little fatiguing after a while. Another thing I noticed was that it sounds like there might be some distortion creeping in when the mix gets quite full in the choruses. I'm guessing that might come from pushing a little too much level into the master buss limiter. Maybe ease off the levels and let the song breathe a little more.

I think if you smoothed off that very high end and allowed a little more dynamic movement, it would go a long way to improving the mix overall. Thanks for taking the time to mix it and share your work.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(09-04-2019, 12:21 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Wow - pretty aggressive snare sound you have there - I wasn't quite prepared for that!

Overall, your balances and sounds are very good, although I'm finding the mix overall to be a bit too "crispy" and hyped in the high end. It gets a little fatiguing after a while. Another thing I noticed was that it sounds like there might be some distortion creeping in when the mix gets quite full in the choruses. I'm guessing that might come from pushing a little too much level into the master buss limiter. Maybe ease off the levels and let the song breathe a little more.

I think if you smoothed off that very high end and allowed a little more dynamic movement, it would go a long way to improving the mix overall. Thanks for taking the time to mix it and share your work.

Thank you!