Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My try at a mix...
First of all a good mix starts with a good tune and performance.
This is one of those.Big Grin
I had fun mixing this one. I know there is significant differences between my mix and the final.
My approach was to pull in all the tracks and mix it without hearing the sample.
I welcome coments and suggestions.
TIA.
Peace
Robert

.mp3    Alone With You v1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 17.6 MB)

Hi Roberba,

Coool !
I'm still listening, the first thing i can notice is the compression on the snare, not transparent, pump too much in my opinion ...
I don't know the monitor (or headphone) you use, but it sounds like if you don't have enough low frequencies response on your system,
maybe you add +1 or +2 db at the rear of your speakers, you'll appreciate it Wink and low frequencies will be more controlled, easier to hear body of the instruments without adding dbs on this part of spectrum.
I hope that will help you a bit.
Waiting for your next mix, i wish you a good mix !

Yvan

Thanks for the feedback.
I use Sennhiezer HD 280 Pro headphones and Sonarworks Reference 4. I just realized it had been turned off for the mix. Looking at the corrected response curve I see it adds a couple DB to the low mids. DOH! I took the low end down a little with H-EQ.
The snare only has about 1 db of compression. I do have a gate on it with a long tail (Scheps Omni Channel). the Overheads were particularly difficult to control for some reason.

Rob

(09-04-2019, 08:19 PM)Roberba Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.
I use Sennhiezer HD 280 Pro headphones and Sonarworks Reference 4. I just realized it had been turned off for the mix. Looking at the corrected response curve I see it adds a couple DB to the low mids. DOH! I took the low end down a little with H-EQ.
The snare only has about 1 db of compression. I do have a gate on it with a long tail (Scheps Omni Channel). the Overheads were particularly difficult to control for some reason.

Rob

Maybe you can try without the gate, or i don't know if you compress on a drum bus ... listen to this, the snare is a bit too loud into the mix, but it sounds really good and more natural :
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=25333