Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
FytaKyte_Bitter mik123
Hi!

My mix.

I have mixed feelings about him.

At the same time, I like it and I dont like it.

Anyway, that's it.

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

Edit

Ver. 2 some improvements.

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter mik123.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter mik123_ver_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

Punky. I love it. It will surely stick in the craw of the artist.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Yeah, there's probably a lot of technical issues I'd have with this but I've mostly ignored them. I like the attitude this mix has and ultimately that's what makes a mix good. I could analyze individual parts but as a whole the mix works. If you could marry the technical issues with the creative positives you'd have an amazing mix. That said, right now it's a pretty good mix.
I have to concur with Roy - he expressed how I feel about it pretty much exactly.

I really love the attitude, particularly the sound of the drums and the snarl of the bass! They work well together.

There's a bit of "boominess" to the kick and some "boingy-ness" to the snare that I really like. I'm guessing there might be some samples added in there... either that or some really aggressive compression to bring out those cool drum resonances.

As Roy said, there are some technical issues, but I really like your take on it. I did a little overall eq on the mix to tame some of the subsonic stuff and some of the low mid buildup - here's what I got:

I also attached the eq moves below

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Bitter EQ.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(09-04-2019, 05:17 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: It will surely stick in the craw of the artist.

Huh I wonder why you would say that Huh
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thumbs up for me also!
Love the space and clarity, but mostly the contrast variation and the way all the parts are well featured and placed. No flies buzzing around here. Beautifully edited and assembled. Well Done!
Fytakyte's eq adjustments certainly tightens things up and sounds quite nice punching this one out through my headphones.

Sweet Tunes Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hi!

Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions.
I am grateful to you for this.
I apologize that I can not comment on other mixes because my written English does not allow this.

Thanks. Big Grin

Google translate
(11-04-2019, 09:59 PM)mik123 Wrote: Hi!

Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions.
I am grateful to you for this.
I apologize that I can not comment on other mixes because my written English does not allow this.

Thanks. Big Grin

Google translate

I don't know what your native language is but I feel like that shouldn't hold you back. Comment in your language and maybe add a Google translated version. I'm an American so I speak English, poorly, but I have no issue with people posting in other languages. You have every right to express yourself! Personally it wouldn't bother me if someone respond to my posts in another language. Just know people might not be able to respond accurately but don't hold back.

I hope that makes sense.