Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Fytakyte - Bitter
Here is my first mix of this song. Critics please ^^.

.mp3    Fytakyte - Bitter_V1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

.mp3    Fytakyte - Bitter_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

Really nice mix, big open sound, really effective.
Mark
(07-04-2019, 11:05 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: Really nice mix, big open sound, really effective.
Mark
Thank you Mark.
Great sounding mix Dell Brush. Listening at work, the only thing for me is the bass is sounding a little undefined and not grounding the song as well as it could. An enjoyable listen regardless. Well Done.

Dave
Thank you Dave. I will work on it.
Version 2: I did some editing and added a little saturation and some other FX. Tell me what you think about it.
This song almost demands a trade-off between the vocal mix and the guitar mix. Your guitars are really good but as a result I think the vocal harmonies get buried a bit. I do like how you cop'ed the echo on the lead vocal at the break to the guitar solo. The only other comment on your otherwise excellent take on this is the cymbals. Typically they are lost in many mixes. I think yours could come down a touch which I think would open up the guitars and vocals some. Great job, as usual.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Mitc. Thanks for your comment. I wasn´t sure about the cymbals. Maybe I tried too much of a good thing. I guess I have to do some automation to bring up the vocals again. I will do another version next weekend and I hope that you will listen to it.
btw... I love your mix, especially because the guitars are so different to mine. Greetings.
(10-04-2019, 08:37 PM)Dell Brush Wrote: Hi Mitc. Thanks for your comment. I wasn´t sure about the cymbals. Maybe I tried too much of a good thing. I guess I have to do some automation to bring up the vocals again. I will do another version next weekend and I hope that you will listen to it.
btw... I love your mix, especially because the guitars are so different to mine. Greetings.

Thanks. I look forward to your updated mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]