Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright
Would love some feedback on this mix. My first post to this forum.

.mp3    I\'m Alright_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 2.73 MB)

Good cymbals. Good overall mix. The challenge with this song is finding the right place for all of the little figures which drive the rhythm and bounce and making sure each one has the proper standing at the right time and maintaining each part with a great tonal balance which works with every other part and as a whole. All at the same time trying to build on the energy through the song. The piano, which seems completely out of place in this arrangement, is a "can't live with it, can't live without it", kind of part. It is seemingly lifeless and seemingly add little to the song, yet if you take it away, even in short spaces, its absence is brutal. The piano is just an example of the interdependence of every part in this song. You've also got acoustic guitars plying against very powerful electrics. Getting them all to fit according to the above is also a challenge here. You've done an admirable job of getting all the parts to fit yet something is still missing. I am on my 8th mix of this song in three different posts and I'm still not sure I've captured this song as best I can. It appears really simple at first listen but when you get in the weeds you can get really tangled up. Getting this song untangled is a real challenge. You've got a good start. One technical suggestion, export your mp3s at 320/44.1. It's the best mp3 has to offer and is the preferred upload format here.

Nice work. Good job.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]