Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter' (critiques plz)
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this excellent tune. (Great raw tracks!!!)
I kinda wanted to capture the wall of guitars and bgvs in this, with the bass supporting the guitars nicely to achieve a full tone. I did process the drums moderately in comparison to other mixes, but I think it works. Altough they might sound a bit small in comparison.

Maybe sibilance is also a problem on the lead vox but I am unsure.

I tweaked the arrangment of the intro, and reverse cymbal splash part a bit.
Oh, and also nice volume boost into the last round of this catchy chorus Smile

Edit: Upon reading up on the mixing notes, I probably neglected the main guitar riff... Sooooorry :/

V2---------------
- Tried to feature the main electric more.
- Re-edit of the intro
- Multed the acoustics into verse and chorus parts
- Bit more work on the vocal (sibilance/(tape)compression)
- Some basic work on the toms, forgot those in v1
-------------

Let me know what you think!!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    FytaJyte_Bitter_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.93 MB)

.mp3    FytaJyte_Bitter_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)

Sounding nice Lukas. It has for me, that softer SSL 80's sound which I like. Maybe a little more emphasis on that guitar riff would be good but otherwise it works for me. Well done.
Hey Lukas -This sounds excellent! (only listening to v2 mix) I like the creative edits you made - they work well.

Overall,the mix punchy and clear, with nice impact in the choruses. Personal preference for me would be for the verses to sound a little fuller and "swimmier", but it works well as it is.

Very nicely done!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi LukasL,
I like the mix...
Really soft and not heavy on the distorted guitars on the choruses, sounds cool, has a cool acoustic vibe.
Very nice!