Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallin apart - Voelund
This took some time.
I heard Dons and Takkas excellent mixes of this and thought what a great song, I wanna mix that.
After readin Mikes article on how he dealt with the tracks I spent quite some time makin a midi file for tha bas, to fill out the lowend, and after many corrections it started to sound like I wanted it. But then the drums didnt have enough power, and I went to my samples and found this mono sample pack called big mono and loaded in the snare and kick.
For some reason, probably me bein who I am, I cant get Logic to make a useful midi translation of pitched audio, but I managed to make good midi tracks from the recorded drums, so that didnt take long. By accident I placed a snare hit on another snare than I choose, and it made a wonderful emphasin of just that snare hit, so I kept it. Sometimes youre lucky.
I didnt used all but one of the stereo acc guitar trcks, I found it worked better just with the DI acc and one.
Lot o automation goin on.
I edited out a bit o th guitar solo and made an ad lib o the chorus, it deserved to be repeated and I found the solo too long and splittin it up this way it made sense to me.
Hope you will take the time to tell what you think I could have done better.

.mp3    Fallin apart 05 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.27 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Interesting creative mix, i like your arrangement idea ,interesting vocal effects !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thx for the comment TheDon. Appreciated
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Listened this with fresh ears and made small changes, deeper kick and more acoustic guitar, changed vocal tone a bit and little less effects.

Subtle changes, but I like it betterBig Grin

.mp3    Fallin apart 06 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.31 MB)

The second mix is great ,has much more power Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Happy you can hear the changes ! Thank you the Don