Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schoolboy Fascination RJMIX
Fun song to mix!
I found this one pretty straightforward and intended to make a dry and poppy sound.

Cheers!

RJ

.mp3    Schoolboy Fascination RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.54 MB)

.mp3    Schoolboy Fascination RJMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.54 MB)

Sounds very good to me.

You've made quite good toms sound of those sample (I'm just struggling with them at the moment).

At the moment with a quick listen I didn't find anything that should be improved in your mix. I might come back to your mix later with new perspective after I've done my own version.
Hi Olli,

Thanks!

Regarding the toms: I did not process them at all: no EQ nor compression (only a little compression on the drum bus) Smile.

Cheers!

RJ

(05-10-2013, 11:00 AM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds very good to me.

You've made quite good toms sound of those sample (I'm just struggling with them at the moment).

At the moment with a quick listen I didn't find anything that should be improved in your mix. I might come back to your mix later with new perspective after I've done my own version.

(05-10-2013, 12:13 PM)ERJEE Wrote: Regarding the toms: I did not process them at all: no EQ nor compression (only a little compression on the drum bus) Smile.

That's quite often the secrect for right tom sounds.

While mixing my own version I just listened again your version. I still feel that it's very good one.

You maybe have set the mastering limiter by listening first part of the song. There it sounds very good, but for example in last chorus I feel the overall sound is little bit too smashed. Vocals get buried. The effect is very evident if one listens with headphones. Maybe two dbs more dynamic range could solve that problem.
Hi!

I agree that maybe the vocals could be a bit clearer in the chorus
I reduced the compression knob on the vocals as well as on the masterbus-> MIX2

RJ

(05-10-2013, 01:55 PM)Olli H Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 12:13 PM)ERJEE Wrote: Regarding the toms: I did not process them at all: no EQ nor compression (only a little compression on the drum bus) Smile.

That's quite often the secrect for right tom sounds.

While mixing my own version I just listened again your version. I still feel that it's very good one.

You maybe have set the mastering limiter by listening first part of the song. There it sounds very good, but for example in last chorus I feel the overall sound is little bit too smashed. Vocals get buried. The effect is very evident if one listens with headphones. Maybe two dbs more dynamic range could solve that problem.

Love it ERJEE. Dry and tight, well balanced and punchy. Great work sir!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Very good mix! How? Hehe