Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy and the Strangers - Rescue Me this mix
Well this is a tough one, without a doubt. Lots of bleed, a guitar with embedded effects and a tricky mandolin all contribute to the complexity of this song.

If you can get the environment right I think it goes a long way to helping get things to sit properly. And for me that was dictated by the guitar sound.

I did a lot of mono auditioning of this mix prior to committing to it. It helped place the mandolin.

I had done this a year or so back and this is another crack at it. I may need some crack after this...

Anyway, enjoy my endeavor and please post your comments.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.43 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
sounds good! the dryish far panned hihat feels a bit 'out of place' when everything else seems to be sitting nicely in a larger coherent space. if you ask me you could take the hat a 10 dBs down and would probably miss a thing. solid work as always! ^_^
(04-04-2019, 11:04 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds good! the dryish far panned hihat feels a bit 'out of place' when everything else seems to be sitting nicely in a larger coherent space. if you ask me you could take the hat a 10 dBs down and would probably miss a thing. solid work as always! ^_^

I would mute the hat and not hear anything change! This song has so much bleed... BTW, the hat is not panned hard, but slightly to the left.
However, point taken. I'm listening to my mix as posted to Youtube and playing back on my phone's speaker and the hat does need some addressing.

Thanks for the input.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]