Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prodigal Son "Never Gonna Trust You Again"
Great Song.Big Grin

Short Term LUFS:- -7db
Long Term LUFS:- -9db

A Quick Mix.Cool

D2 is the latest Update.

.mp3    Never Gonna Trust You Again D2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

.mp3    Never Gonna Trust You Again D1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
Sounds good. You really tamed the ring in the snare. The lead vocal might be too upfront but that's not a bad thing with music like this. Other than that there's nothing really to complain about. It's a good, straight forward mix on a straightforward song. Good job.
(04-04-2019, 01:14 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. You really tamed the ring in the snare. The lead vocal might be too upfront but that's not a bad thing with music like this. Other than that there's nothing really to complain about. It's a good, straight forward mix on a straightforward song. Good job.

Thanks A lot, Roy Matthews.

By the way, I was expecting some solid critique on Bass Guitar from you.Tongue
But then I look at your Signature.Big Grin

Regards,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.
Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
(04-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 01:14 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. You really tamed the ring in the snare. The lead vocal might be too upfront but that's not a bad thing with music like this. Other than that there's nothing really to complain about. It's a good, straight forward mix on a straightforward song. Good job.

Regards,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.
Yeah, I try to refrain from commenting on bass/low end too much unless something really jumps out at me. The bass feels spot on on this one. Maybe it's relatively loud? I'm not sure but the song can use that bass to anchor it.
I also just noticed the subtle delay on the snare. Sounds cool. It's something that I kept hearing in my head overtime I've worked with this one.

I like the straight forward, clean vocal tone. I'm really surprised at how well the vocal comes out on a lot of these mixes. It sounds really good for an SM7 dynamic mic. Though Dania has a lovely voice which is really the most important element by far.

Cheers
(04-04-2019, 03:34 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote:

Regards,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.
Yeah, I try to refrain from commenting on bass/low end too much unless something really jumps out at me. The bass feels spot on on this one. Maybe it's relatively loud? I'm not sure but the song can use that bass to anchor it.
I also just noticed the subtle delay on the snare. Sounds cool. It's something that I kept hearing in my head overtime I've worked with this one.

I like the straight forward, clean vocal tone. I'm really surprised at how well the vocal comes out on a lot of these mixes. It sounds really good for an SM7 dynamic mic. Though Dania has a lovely voice which is really the most important element by far.

Cheers

I have mixed and finalized this song in an hour. Really it was a challenge for me, I generally take a break after 30 Min. due to ear and Decision Fatigue. Good to hear that it sounds Okay to You.
sounds very good! i think you could have made it 'dub' all the way based on the snare delay. ^_^
(04-04-2019, 10:35 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds very good! i think you could have made it 'dub' all the way based on the snare delay. ^_^
This song would dub well. I was messing around with a dub a bit the other day for a change of pace.

(04-04-2019, 10:35 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds very good! i think you could have made it 'dub' all the way based on the snare delay. ^_^

Thanks, Kapu.Smile

Well, I've no Idea About "Dub". Can you please explain itBig Grin

Regards,
(05-04-2019, 03:34 AM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote:

Thanks, Kapu.Smile

Well, I've no Idea About "Dub". Can you please explain itBig Grin

Regards,

https://youtu.be/ZPDrlYDs7mI
Damn. Now I want to do a dub of this song but have to go to sleep. Sad

After screwing my mix with a two "mastering" rounds because of the bass, I think this is a good job, maybe the mix could with a little less bass, but perfectly fine.
V2 is clearly more alive and sweeter to listen to, but it seems as if some nasty mettalic resonances are showing in the snare that weren't in v1. Toms are also better in v1, fatter and more natural.

Maybe you added the liveliness in v2 as a stereo insert? If it is so, doing the same but spread over the busses in different amounts (more with vocals and guitar, less with kick and bass) could help to blend the sparkle of v2 with the more natural sound of v1. Anyway, solid mix, good job!