Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Bitter (Butter)
Not a bad little track, but there is a LOT going on in the track.

Went for all the warmth and clarity I could get in this little gem. As always, I've left all my pretty outboard toys out of it.

The vibes are at high tide!

.m4a    FytaKyte_Butter.m4a --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Wow, another superb mix. Pretty much spot on to my ear.

I love the way you managed to get such a great tone out of the vocals, kept them super full and up front, yet never compromised the main guitar hook. The placement of the drums and bass respects the groove perfectly. You've created an excellent sense of depth and width with ambience and panning, but it's tasteful and not overdone. I get a sense of the mix subtly expanding and contracting in sympathy with the long-term dynamic contour over the course of the song, but it never takes me out of the moment. You made full use of all the parts, yet it never sounds cluttered or busy.

If you were my mix engineer and sent this to me as the first draft, I don't think I'd even ask for any revisions! Excellent stuff!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Nice guitars tone i love it. Good job!!!
Mr. Loud
(03-04-2019, 01:39 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Wow, another superb mix. Pretty much spot on to my ear.

I love the way you managed to get such a great tone out of the vocals, kept them super full and up front, yet never compromised the main guitar hook. The placement of the drums and bass respects the groove perfectly. You've created an excellent sense of depth and width with ambience and panning, but it's tasteful and not overdone. I get a sense of the mix subtly expanding and contracting in sympathy with the long-term dynamic contour over the course of the song, but it never takes me out of the moment. You made full use of all the parts, yet it never sounds cluttered or busy.

If you were my mix engineer and sent this to me as the first draft, I don't think I'd even ask for any revisions! Excellent stuff!

Man that's so good to hear! Wow that's amazing feedback.

The best part about this mix is I was trying to prove to myself that I don't need all the thousands of gimic plugins out there. This was mixed with the basic Logic eqs and compressions (not the analogue ones either), and the only 3rd party plugins I used was a distortion plugin (can't remember what its called),a De-Esser, H-Delay, H-Reverb and L2.

But to be honest this was a really lazy mix cause I wanted to see how quick I could get happy on this. I pretty much grouped everything up into busses (Kick, Snare/Toms, Drums, Bass, Gtrs, Acoustics, Keys, Lead, BVs) and processed them together. There is no processing on actual channels besides setting the fader levels. So because of this, the whole mix took around an hour, and then an hour of minor tweaking.

I'll be happy to send you through the session file if you'd like to have a look around.
~
Other Mixes
(04-04-2019, 12:03 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Man that's so good to hear! Wow that's amazing feedback.

The best part about this mix is I was trying to prove to myself that I don't need all the thousands of gimic plugins out there. This was mixed with the basic Logic eqs and compressions (not the analogue ones either), and the only 3rd party plugins I used was a distortion plugin (can't remember what its called),a De-Esser, H-Delay, H-Reverb and L2.

But to be honest this was a really lazy mix cause I wanted to see how quick I could get happy on this. I pretty much grouped everything up into busses (Kick, Snare/Toms, Drums, Bass, Gtrs, Acoustics, Keys, Lead, BVs) and processed them together. There is no processing on actual channels besides setting the fader levels. So because of this, the whole mix took around an hour, and then an hour of minor tweaking.

Well, a good mix is a good mix, regardless of the time taken...and sometimes less IS more... Not overthinking things and going by your instincts is great when your thought process is clear and your instincts are good.

Quote:I'll be happy to send you through the session file if you'd like to have a look around.

Definitely would be interesting to look at, but I'm not a Logic user. Did you do much in the way of automation?
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
OK, I'm biased.... I love Crowded House.
What a Lovely mix.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts
HA! That was my inspiration, good ear Robert!
~
Other Mixes
Hi there i know why there are so many good mixes of this track!!!! quite simply its a brilliant and organised track,thanks to Fytakyte and the band and not forgetting Mike Senior,great mix Quathamer.
Reaper user
Hi, Quadhammer.
Once I got into mixing this song (and being the Crowded House fan that I am), I zeroed-in to two songs in particular......
The bass guitar similar to that on 'It's Only Natural' - and the guitar chord sequences and general *feel* seems very 'Tall Trees' inspired.
With the vocals muted, I was imagining Neil Finn's voice on this song. What a wonderful song this is too...and I'm trying to go for the same
kind of production as Mitchell Froom (who produced Woodface). My final tweeks are almost complete, so my own mix should be uploaded shortly.
Please consider becoming a patron of Cambridge Music Technology to help Mike keep this Awesome Educational Site Alive! -- https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts