Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prodiga Son AndyGallasMix
I tried to get some vibe and excitement out of it, which was quite a challenge Confused

I hope you like it Angel

Cheers!

.mp3    Prodigal_AndyG2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.35 MB)

I think the balances work well overall. My major thought is that in trying to get some vibe and excitement you might have over done it. The vocal is fairly unaffected which I think works but I think the BGVs might go too far in the other direction. Keeping all or some of those tracks 'sweeter' might create more of a contrast with the other, more aggressive sounds. I like the filtered vocal at the end. It may get a little harsh at times.
Thanks Roy for listening! I might try a softer version in another direction.

Cheers!
I did a smoothed out version (vocals/backing-vocals). I also tested the new Vertigo VSC-3 on the stereo-buss, punchy compressor me like.
Melikes, it's a brave approach, not showing off but distinctive enough. At first, the wide drums put me off and I didn't think the tremolo could do for the whole tune, but once it gets moving, everything glues nicely. I really like the aesthetic choices in this mix. Not that I did any better, but lower mids in the center get kinda muddy as the song builds, thou, and there seems to be something weird on the right side just before the first chorus (between 1:00 and 1:07)? And very nice balancing job with the final 3 guitars wheel!

(05-04-2019, 04:20 PM)Deliza Wrote: Melikes, it's a brave approach, not showing off but distinctive enough. At first, the wide drums put me off and I didn't think the tremolo could do for the whole tune, but once it gets moving, everything glues nicely. I really like the aesthetic choices in this mix. Not that I did any better, but lower mids in the center get kinda muddy as the song builds, thou, and there seems to be something weird on the right side just before the first chorus (between 1:00 and 1:07)? And very nice balancing job with the final 3 guitars wheel

Thank you very much!
I like the new version. The dynamics of the song really build which is nice for such a 'small' song. There's really only 2 things thatI notice. The kick "pulls" to the right. It's the amount of kick in the OHs. Totally my fault. But it still comes through in the mix. The drums sounds pretty cool though. Also, the weird breath sounds on the back ground vocals really jump out at me. I don't know if that's an effect or something already on the vocal track that compression is exaggerating.
(08-04-2019, 06:54 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like the new version. The dynamics of the song really build which is nice for such a 'small' song. There's really only 2 things thatI notice. The kick "pulls" to the right. It's the amount of kick in the OHs. Totally my fault. But it still comes through in the mix. The drums sounds pretty cool though. Also, the weird breath sounds on the back ground vocals really jump out at me. I don't know if that's an effect or something already on the vocal track that compression is exaggerating.

Ha, the two things you noticed is just the pepper and salt of the meal Big Grin

Thanks!