Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passenger side
Fun song! As with all my mixes I use headphones.
unfortunately I lost this mix because of not saving so this is it.

.mp3    passenger side.mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

How far were you before losing it? This sounds pretty neat to me!
I like the wide stage and the bright tones that help to keep the tune exciting. Great job with the BV's, way better than I thought was possible (though the responses in the bridges should be a little louder, roughly same level than the lead?). Main vocal is great too.

I panned the floor tom left, too. Maybe the low end of it is a little too much for a hard panned part that's so steady. It kinda eats the left guitar and overpowers the rhythm weith of the right guitar. I cannot see anything else out of place, it's a fun mix with punch!

Btw, there's some ugly clipping on the right side now and then (I think it's the guitar).
(01-04-2019, 05:00 PM)Deliza Wrote: How far were you before losing it? This sounds pretty neat to me!
I like the wide stage and the bright tones that help to keep the tune exciting. Great job with the BV's, way better than I thought was possible (though the responses in the bridges should be a little louder, roughly same level than the lead?). Main vocal is great too.

I panned the floor tom left, too. Maybe the low end of it is a little too much for a hard panned part that's so steady. It kinda eats the left guitar and overpowers the rhythm weith of the right guitar. I cannot see anything else out of place, it's a fun mix with punch!

Btw, there's some ugly clipping on the right side now and then (I think it's the guitar).
Thanks for the kind comments, really appreciate the feedback!
I was most of the way done, ready for final tweaks.
totally agree with you in regards to the BG responses. needed to have more of a party vibe.
I was 50/50 on the floor tom as to pan or not so ended up automating it down in volume. try to keep the clickyness of it but loose some of the low end. I think the clipping is from driving the CLA SSL strip to much. With a combination of age and ear fatigue from headphones is how those things get missed LOL.