Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Crazy Eyes
Guys I have to get this up quick cause I'm about to see th new avengers movie. Had a few hours to do this I was excited.

All logic. minimum 3rd pluggy bois. pure excitement for thanos meeting his doom.

*update* The movie is great and I haven't cried that much since I saw star wars ep 8 (but for different reasons)

.m4a    Crazy EyesM1.2.m4a --  (Download: 10.59 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Feel free to comment my dudes
~
Other Mixes
Ok So I'll have a comment ...

It's such an intense band with just so much going on, I think it was a smart move lowering the bongos. I really agree with this. I don't think the band needs the bongo player and it doesn't seem like he's into it anyways. Maybe he had somewhere else to be and he didn't give a heck. Sounds like it.

And it would have been nice if there was at least one more backing vocalist so they both could be panned for stereo funtimes. Personal opinion. Just woulda been nice.

Also as much as I am a fan of live room recordings, please, for the love of Jesus, please re-dub the vocalist. Please. Please. Please. Getting tone out of a mofuggin vocal with a s tonne of room noise in the bg is like trying trying to find a freaking girlfriend in a ... well anywhere really. I've been single for a while now (help) so yeah. Spose that's why I got so much time to be doing mixes for free balls.

Opinions on the track/my mix/my love life welcome.
~
Other Mixes
It's fairly early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so who knows how accurate I'll be but I'll though out some gut reactions.
Overall it's pretty good. There's a couple of minor things that jump out at me. It's a fairly thick sounding mix but I think that works for a live song like this. I think it might be too wet and that might be effecting clarity.

The low end feels good but I kinda wish the bass guitar was more defined. The toms could be thinned, they're too fat in the low-mid region.

I think the mandolin could come out. I know I wasn't a fan of it or its tone but it feel buried, especially in the solo and that's one of the few things that a casual, non-audio person will notice. They don't care much about tone but get bothered by quiet solos. And don't even get me started about musicians. So feel free to put it out front. Yeah, it's your job to make it sound (as good as you can) but it's not your fault it's a mandolin. The electric guitar is occasionally peaky. Is it the source of the noise in the bridge?

The vocals sound good. Nothing to complain about there which is the most important thing. I like the effects. Subtle but adds some ear candy.

Good job. Hope that helps.
(27-04-2019, 01:48 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It's fairly early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so who knows how accurate I'll be but I'll though out some gut reactions.
Overall it's pretty good. There's a couple of minor things that jump out at me. It's a fairly thick sounding mix but I think that works for a live song like this. I think it might be too wet and that might be effecting clarity.

The low end feels good but I kinda wish the bass guitar was more defined. The toms could be thinned, they're too fat in the low-mid region.

I think the mandolin could come out. I know I wasn't a fan of it or its tone but it feel buried, especially in the solo and that's one of the few things that a casual, non-audio person will notice. They don't care much about tone but get bothered by quiet solos. And don't even get me started about musicians. So feel free to put it out front. Yeah, it's your job to make it sound (as good as you can) but it's not your fault it's a mandolin. The electric guitar is occasionally peaky. Is it the source of the noise in the bridge?

The vocals sound good. Nothing to complain about there which is the most important thing. I like the effects. Subtle but adds some ear candy.

Good job. Hope that helps.

Yeah all really great points. I agree now I've had a second listen that the low end is a little chonky and the toms are probably a little too dominant. So yeah, really good pick ups. I also agree it might be a little moist as well. Good to have an objective listen.

Yeah, about that mandolin. I just couldn't be bothered with it hahaha but yeah. I agree. I'm a big fan of the guitar in this track. The guy playing it knew what he was doing and I soaked it in delay for the solo.
~
Other Mixes
I'll have a go. I've noticed a lot of mixers are really forcing the low end trying to get this performance to be something it is not. The vocal lends itself to be in a bigger space yet the drums and bass do not. Which is why the low end feels forced when trying to put this song in a bigger space. I'm sure you recognize the issues with the toms. Anyway, I do like the echo you used. If you can get the ensemble to fit into the same space then you may really have something.

BTW, how was the movie? (Don't give anything away, please).
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(28-04-2019, 05:40 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: BTW, how was the movie? (Don't give anything away, please).

I cried like a baby. Like a hungry, angry baby.
~
Other Mixes
For those who care, I've actually, in actual fact, uploaded a revision! Such amaze! Much wow!
Lolcano but honestly doesn't happen so often.
~
Other Mixes