Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Eyes' AndyGallas Mix
Thanks for the tracks! Lot's of leakage in the vocal track Sad
But fun to mix Smile

Cheers!

.mp3    ChadHollisterBand_Eyes2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

.mp3    ChadHollisterBand_Eyes.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

.mp3    ChadHollisterBand_Eyes3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

It sounds really good. The one thing that I notice is how right heavy the stereo image. It seems to have the acoustic, electric guitars, and majority of the congas. I could use more horns for more overall dynamics but they seem to fit nicely as is. Good job.
Thank you very much Roy!
I agree with you. Did a second mix were I swapped the two conga tracks, centered the electric guitar more and pushed the horns one dB up.

Cheers!
I think those changes help the mix. My only thought is if the congas get in the way of the mandolin. They kind of have a similar sound. Or do they help to reinforce each other? The conga hits on the right feel a little loud but there might be some midrange that could be cut from them instead of bringing the whole track down. Interestingly they're in the same range of the body tone of the acoustic. I'm not sure if it makes sense to swap the conga mics back to balance out the tones. The main conga plays off of the mandolin and the lower conga hits match the low end of the acoustic. Or they work better as is. Just a minor thought.
Thanks, I did load up mix eyes3. Mandoline now hard left with a bit more mids, congas more in the depth. I think the separation is better now, one can notice it especially in the mandolin's solo.

Cheers!
Sweet room you've chosen which grabs from the opening snare hit. Low end feels a bit forced. Electric feels a bit strident at times. Surprised with the mando and electric sharing the same space. Lead vocal sit nicely.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(27-04-2019, 08:33 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Sweet room you've chosen which grabs from the opening snare hit. Low end feels a bit forced. Electric feels a bit strident at times. Surprised with the mando and electric sharing the same space. Lead vocal sit nicely.

Thank you!