Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
#36 What Is Love? Oh Baby Don't Hurt Me - Deliza Mix
First jazz trio mix, I tried to go for an old vinylesque sound, but honestly I didn't know what I was doing. It felt as if I was hearing voices!

Oh right, I was actually hearing voices. Whip for those who don't respect the red light!

.mp3    36 - Jesper Buhl Trio - What Is This Thing Called Love (Deliza Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 14.27 MB)

Hah! I think they have a hard time enforcing silence on the set when the musicians are the ones making the noise ^_^

This sounds really smoothe. You even added some LP wobble!? I think it's really too much, but a nice touch! (I wasn't sure at first. I thought: I know the piano is out of tune, but this?)

The balance and spacing sounds natural and vintage. The bass has good presence; not too much noise. Good work!
I likely added some wow'n'flutter from my tape plugin 'cos I do it all the time, even thou I cannot really hear it that much, but you're the second person to ask, so I'll have to restrain because it seems I'm less sensitive to it than average, the same that I must be a little deaf to tuning issues (at least, I couldn't hear anything wrong with the piano). Thanks for your input!