Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'
thanks for listening. remarks welcome. peace

second mix (mastered): post#5

.mp3    Santa Fe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.14 MB)

Very nicely done. The cymbals for me are bit too present and probably an artifact of compression. The panning in your sound field is a bit light on the right. I'd like to hear the right side filled out more.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(29-03-2019, 01:58 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nicely done. The cymbals for me are bit too present and probably an artifact of compression. The panning in your sound field is a bit light on the right. I'd like to hear the right side filled out more.

thank you very much for your comments! i might do some tweaks later on and i'll certainly check your remarks. i'd left the right side a little empty for the guitar-reverb to live in. i could certainly smooth out the cymbals. cheers
Lovely mix, hadn;t even notied the cymbals not sitting so well until I read the line in mixintheclouds
perceptive comments .I think if the cymbals were slightly less wide it may help,but really nice.
A.T.B
Mark

did some tweeks:
less aggressive kick, vocals a little deeper in the mix, bass a little to the left, kick out a little to the right to get more separation in the low end, more top end in the organ.
feedback very welcome since i'm working on headphones at the moment. thanks for listening!

.mp3    Fruition - Santa Fe (m).mp3 --  (Download: 8.18 MB)

(09-04-2019, 04:33 PM)loupi Wrote: did some tweeks:
less aggressive kick, vocals a little deeper in the mix, bass a little to the left, kick out a little to the right to get more separation in the low end, more top end in the organ.
feedback very welcome since i'm working on headphones at the moment. thanks for listening!

Excellent. full organic mix of the entire ensemble. You've given it a great sense of location and cohesiveness.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(09-04-2019, 04:33 PM)loupi Wrote: did some tweeks:

There are distortions
Alexander