Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'

.mp3    Santa Fe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.1 MB)

Overall it sounds great. The kick feels a little "dominant". The lower mids take up a lot of space in the mix. The guitar on the right (guitar 1?) might be too loud. At least on the staccato hits it does. I want to turn the mix up more but those hits get aggressive and piercing. Playing the mix at a quieter level things balance out a bit more. There's a bit of hiss that I hear at the end of the solo section. Minor but it sticks out to me. (Edit: Listening again I think it's the high hat being cut-off going into the bridge)

I really like the vocal and its dynamics. Though I think the first line is too quiet. It naturally does that but I feel like that first line should catch your ear more. It kinda does the same thing in the first chorus but it doesn't bother me there. Personally, I could use more of the background vocals but I don't think that's an issue at all.

Good job.
Ponderous low end which I think is out of balance with the rest of the mix. Easily tamed in mastering which I think would do a lot for this otherwise good mix. The guitar on the right seems a bit low in relation to the guitar on the left. These should have equal importance.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]