Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Hammer Down
Hi All! I mixed and mastered this song. I would be grateful if you point out my mistakes. Any feedback is welcome.

.mp3    HammerDown.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

Not bad overall! A couple of things:

- I would say the guitars have a bit too much low-mid. They sound full but have a bit of fog/mud. I wouldn't mind hearing just a bit more pick attack in the palm mutes from the high-mid range.
- Kick has clarity but it could probably use more low-end 'oomph' and punch.
- Vocals are dope in the verse and I like how you made them bright, but they seem to not be loud enough compared to the guitars in the chorus. Maybe automate the vocals to be louder in the choruses?
- I like your guitar and bass blend. I'd say the bass could use a bit more pick attack as well from the high-mids.

If you try and address these, then I think you'll have a killer mix!

Cheers,
Nick
(17-04-2019, 03:21 PM)Nick Wrote: Not bad overall! A couple of things:

- I would say the guitars have a bit too much low-mid. They sound full but have a bit of fog/mud. I wouldn't mind hearing just a bit more pick attack in the palm mutes from the high-mid range.
- Kick has clarity but it could probably use more low-end 'oomph' and punch.
- Vocals are dope in the verse and I like how you made them bright, but they seem to not be loud enough compared to the guitars in the chorus. Maybe automate the vocals to be louder in the choruses?
- I like your guitar and bass blend. I'd say the bass could use a bit more pick attack as well from the high-mids.

If you try and address these, then I think you'll have a killer mix!

Cheers,
Nick

Thank you!