Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Post and Mix (of this song).
Hi Guys,

Great site and community. I'm looking forward to being active and keeping it going!

That said, I have mixed this great song and would appreciate some feedback. I'm fairly slow at mixing but I love it and want to consolidate some of my process. Any feedback would be great. I think I have a good level balance. I use HD650 headphones (with Sonarworks) and some HS7s in a semi treated room.

A quick note: the delay throw isn't my favourite thing - I wanted to get the mix out to some different ears.

Cheers,

CJC

.mp3    Cambridge MT Angels In Amplifiers_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.96 MB)

My only issue is you are missing the second acoustic guitar. You carry the energy well in your mix but the second acoustic is a glaring omission. Good use of vocal effects. Also the piano is well presented. I left it out completely as it just became too muddying.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I liked your take on this track...meaty and warm...
(25-03-2019, 08:02 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: My only issue is you are missing the second acoustic guitar. You carry the energy well in your mix but the second acoustic is a glaring omission. Good use of vocal effects. Also the piano is well presented. I left it out completely as it just became too muddying.

Thanks for the feedback.

The second acoustic is there. I'm talking about the lead style files... perhaps my mixdown has an issue.

I used Soundtoys Crystallizer on the piano and turned it stereo. I was surprised that it added as much as it did as far as supporting the song.

Thanks.

CJC
(25-03-2019, 08:54 PM)Johnston Dsouza Wrote: I liked your take on this track...meaty and warm...

Thanks!

CJC