Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
'Santa Fe' AndyGallas Mix
Tried to get the vocals big.

Cheers!

Edit: update

.mp3    SantaFe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.01 MB)

You succeeded with the vocals but she sounds disconnected from the mix. You could add environment effectively to this and still have the presence of her voice.

The low end is a bit thick too.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(24-03-2019, 12:58 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: You succeeded with the vocals but she sounds disconnected from the mix. You could add environment effectively to this and still have the presence of her voice.

The low end is a bit thick too.

Thanks for listening and your thoughts.
Well, I was more after an intimate sound. There are already four different reverbs on the vocals, you would be surprised if I'd turn them off. But I agree that the vocal feels a bit disconnected to the rest. I think it has to do with the dull sound of the guitars and snare also the vocal benefits from a bit more air.

I did an update in this regard.

Cheers!
nice work , it's a pity how your work has come to my attention but I'm glad it has .

A.t.b.
Mark
Thanks Mark for your kind words!
I'm not sure how long this mix was here with no star rating, within two minutes of me rating it 4 star the green eyed monsters dive in to cut you down to their size,
I ask you!
Haha, no worries, I don't care much for the stars but thanks for rating nonetheless. Will check your mix soon if you like and will give you some thoughts. Cheers!
(25-03-2019, 02:42 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Haha, no worries, I don't care much for the stars but thanks for rating nonetheless. Will check your mix soon if you like and will give you some thoughts. Cheers!
thanks any feedback from a talent like youself will be gratefully ( if nervously) appreciated .

Best wishes

MARK

(25-03-2019, 02:37 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: I'm not sure how long this mix was here with no star rating, within two minutes of me rating it 4 star the green eyed monsters dive in to cut you down to their size,
I ask you!

MOTD, I guess you are referring to my green eyes. I'm sorry you feel I was cutting Andy down to 'my' size. I only expressed my opinion on the state of the lead vocal in Andy's mix. No disparagement was intended, just my honest opinion.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-03-2019, 03:41 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(25-03-2019, 02:37 PM)Mark M.O.T.D. Wrote: I'm not sure how long this mix was here with no star rating, within two minutes of me rating it 4 star the green eyed monsters dive in to cut you down to their size,
I ask you!

MOTD, I guess you are referring to my green eyes. I'm sorry you feel I was cutting Andy down to 'my' size. I only expressed my opinion on the state of the lead vocal in Andy's mix. No disparagement was intended, just my honest opinion.
Sorry if you felt I was directing that at you ,it was just a throwaway comment ,I apologise for any offence caused,it was honestly not directed personally,I have no way of knowing who did what It was intended as a bit of encouragement only.

I do talk some c--p sometimes but although I can be a bit of a stirrer I can say with hand on heart that wasn't meant personally,I apologise for any offence caused