Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Stand
Updated a little later on 3/23/2019 to help the Bari sax catch up to the rest of the track.
Hfx2 Update added 7/23/2019
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fun Track but..A few technical issues on the raw tracks.
Bass DI track had a hum throughout...Ha,I first looked at the guitar tracks;-)
)

Not a big fan of recording cheap spring guitar reverb during the initial tracks.
Why not save your options til later? Generally the engineer can throw some reverb on your headphone mix so you have the effect while recording - but it's not actually recorded.

Also, horn mics had some out of synch percussion background. (turns out ...the bari track was actually behind a bit )

THANKS ROY (below) The track set seems to come with the Bari out of synch if you butt all the tracks at 00:00...need to push it out a bit to catch up with the rest of the tracks. Here I thought it was some crazy jazz fusion timing ;-P

.mp3    TheLastStand_Hfx.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

.mp3    TheLastStand_Hfx2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

Sounds fine. There's a horn track out of sync. But other than that the mix works fine.

I'm usually fine with having spring reverb on the amp. It's a sound one could only get through the amp. At least, until recently. I just check in with the guitarist and make sure they're aware that's how it's going down. Some don't care and turn it off but if they like the sound then, great, that's their sound. I think the spring works for a track like this.