Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes - HB Mix
Another great sounding telefunken session.

.mp3    Eyes_HB Mix 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 10.41 MB)

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Sounds good. I'm losing the mandolin in the rest of the song. It sounds pretty good in the solo. The drums feel "out of focus" compared to the rest of the band. The overall depth is good because I can feel the drums being slightly in the back but tonally they seem a little dull, maybe just snare. It might just be a tad boxy. Is it the room sound? I dunno, I just woke up.
As far as depth goes, I think the horns feel behind the drums. They sound good but I kinda miss the extra dynamic push they give to the song.
These are all minor points. Overall, it sounds great. I especially like the vocal and electric guitar.

Edit:I left out the word 'horns' and added it later. Hopefully it makes more sense now. In my defense I had just woken up.
Hi HbG sounds really good but i have to agree with Roys comments about the drums being slightly weak apart from that i like so well done.
Reaper user
(20-03-2019, 01:18 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. I'm losing the mandolin in the rest of the song. It sounds pretty good in the solo. The drums feel "out of focus" compared to the rest of the band. The overall depth is good because I can feel the drums being slightly in the back but tonally they seem a little dull, maybe just snare. It might just be a tad boxy. Is it the room sound? I dunno, I just woke up.
As far as depth goes, I think the horns feel behind the drums. They sound good but I kinda miss the extra dynamic push they give to the song.
These are all minor points. Overall, it sounds great. I especially like the vocal and electric guitar.

Edit:I left out the word 'horns' and added it later. Hopefully it makes more sense now. In my defense I had just woken up.

cheers Roy, thanks for listening

btw, you're not losing the mandolin, its been binned apart from from solo and bridge....for good reason.... devil spawn imo Smile
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

(20-03-2019, 05:38 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi HbG sounds really good but i have to agree with Roys comments about the drums being slightly weak apart from that i like so well done.

thanks mate, appreciate the feedback

(21-03-2019, 12:22 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: btw, you're not losing the mandolin, its been binned apart from from solo and bridge....for good reason.... devil spawn imo Smile

I'm totally ok with that!
The sad thing was I was sure I heard the mandolin from time to time. I'm notorious for doing that. "Hmmm just a little more 8khz...There! Perfect! Oh wait, I'm eq'ing the wrong channel"